Little Medic Girl

Monday, March 06, 2006

Do'oh!!!
Is exactly what the P.A. At the hospital I went to is saying. Remember I had hurt my foot falling down my stairs a week and a half ago. Well he told me that my ankle was fine and just ice and ibuprofen was all I needed...MMMKAY!
I was irritated because it wasn't my ankle that I hurt and I wanted to get to Danny's. So I left it at that.. I told ya'll that I was dancing.. And walked on it all weekend. I also worked 2 full shifts before I went to my family Doc.
Ya.. She took one look at it and said " ok kiddo you are getting x-rayed again.. This time we will get pics of where you actually hurt it.. Ok I am fine with that... So I trudge my happy ass back to the imaging center and a few pics and a hundred dollars later I find out I have a broken foot.. Not just a little broke but really fucked up.. 5 breaks.
My Doc has called both the P.A. and the Doc he practices under and pitched a fit. I guess it worked cuz I got a very apologetic call from the P.A.. He said "I am sorry for not trusting your judgment as a paramedic." I can be a real Bitch sometimes when I want to..So my response to him was..."You should have trusted my judgment as a person and a patient too.. So let's hope you never end up in my bus with an MI. I may just blow you off and tell you .. It's just a pulled muscle.. Put some ice on it and take some ibuprofen... Suck it up and get the hell outta my rig.. I got some hot nurses to chat with." Then proceeded to hang up on him.. I could have handled that better I know but Geessshh..I feel like sending the bill for the imaging and doctor visit and the special orthopedic boot to him personally..
I have spoken to an awesome oncologist/breast surgeon. She will be the one doing both of my surgeries. I get to have a new laser surgery that is practically bloodless.. Yea.. cuz I am a bleeder. She seems very hopeful. I will also be getting radiation right there on the operating table while I am still opened up. A much more accurate way to deliver the treatment. It will be the fourth time they have done this in my city. They will be bringing in techs from the other side of the state to do this.. This way I will only have a short round of radiation and chemo after.. So that is good news... Thank you to everyone and their great comments and hugs.. I love the way you guys care. So ***HUGS*** to all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home