Little Medic Girl

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Sometimes shit just sucks!!
I have decided that stuff that most people find to be horrific I have gotten used to. Sad when being told not only do you have cancer in your abdomen but we are going to cut your boobs open and remove some lumps too.. I think the normalcy of being told my cancer is back is scary to me.. I took tonight off to wrap my head around some stuff and figure out why I am not scared anymore.. I have Intreperitoneal Adenocarcinoma. It is cells growing in the lining of your abdomen. The lining of the abdomen is like uterine tissue so these cells attach like I never had a full hysterectomy.. O.K. folks I had the hyst. to get rid of this cancer at 22. I have had my ovaries removed too. They took part of my liver 20 months ago and 6, 10 week courses of chemo. The chemo has been spaced out over the last 8 1/2 years.
So today I went in for a physical, the girly exam(OH JOY!!) and to meet the surgeon who was going to do my laparoscopy. I had my mamogram done today too. I went to see the nurse practioner for the girly stuff and she told me that the lumps in my breast were probably benign but to be sure I am going to have them removed (the lumps). So the surgeon who was going to to the lap decided to send me to a more qualified doc to do both operations at once.
Next week I am going in for a digital mamogram and ultra sound of my boobs, an ultrasound, CT scan and an MRI of my abdomen. Thank God for good health insurance.
I have decided to work as much as I can before the surgery to keep my mind busy. I love my job and the people I meet. So it should help.
I was both shocked and touched by Danny and his friend Staci. Danny surprised me by telling me not to worry he would be with me through it all. Even hold my hair when I puke from treatment. Now my XH#2 left me when I had my hysterctomy and the course of chemo. He couldn't hack it. Which I can kinda understand but he truly hated losing the looks of a skinny little Trophy Wife... He even told me that a few years later. I was so afraid to tell Danny I honestly thought he would run for the hills. I knew I was falling in love with him for some reason.. What an angel.
Staci has offered to come here and stay with me if I need her to. I am glad to have found a friend that is so caring and sweet.. Not to mention what a kick in the ass she is to hang out with. She has a way of making you feel so welcome even if she doesn't know you from Eve. I really like how good a friend she is to Danny.
Ok enough of the grumbling I am going to go take a candle lit Bubble Bath and just get my head on straight so maybe tomorrow shit won't suck as bad.

1 Comments:

  • At Thu Mar 02, 09:22:00 AM 2006, Blogger Random and Odd said…

    holy shit. wow. holy shit.

    *hug* damn.

    *bigger hug* How the hell do you do it? How do you get up everyday and not just run people over with your car?

    shit. You have me cussing, and I don't cuss. damn.

    *Tackle hug* Stay strong and keep us updated.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home